This free community forum on Tuesday May 8th from 6 to 8pm, will highlight the impacts of the recession and state budget cuts on women in Washington.
It will focus on how the unprecedented cuts to our state budget are disproportionally harming women’s employment, economic security, health, and safety. Marilyn Watkins, EOI Policy Director will join other panelists in discussing policies that should be pursued at the state level as our economy recovers, and how we can ensure the recovery is equitable for women. Attendees will be invited to join the discussion during the Q&A session.
The forum will be moderated by Erica Barnett from Publicola and panelists include:
- Lori Pfingst, Senior Policy Analyst, Washington State Budget & Policy Center
- Marilyn Watkins, Policy Director, Economic Opportunity Institute
- Dana Laurent, Political Director of Planned Parenthood Votes Northwest
- Diane Narasaki, Executive Director of Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- David Ward, Legal and Legislative Counsel at Legal Voice
The Wing Luke Asian Museum, Community Hall
Tuesday May 8th, 6:00 – 8:00pm
Refreshments will be served.
More To Read
February 22, 2024
People are hurting in our state. And it’s no accident.
February 2, 2024
Washington State lawmakers have the chance to make a progressive tax more progressive and provide a permanent funding source for affordable housing
January 23, 2024
This is both cause for celebration and a call to action