This free community forum on Tuesday May 8th from 6 to 8pm, will highlight the impacts of the recession and state budget cuts on women in Washington.
It will focus on how the unprecedented cuts to our state budget are disproportionally harming women’s employment, economic security, health, and safety. Marilyn Watkins, EOI Policy Director will join other panelists in discussing policies that should be pursued at the state level as our economy recovers, and how we can ensure the recovery is equitable for women. Attendees will be invited to join the discussion during the Q&A session.
The forum will be moderated by Erica Barnett from Publicola and panelists include:
- Lori Pfingst, Senior Policy Analyst, Washington State Budget & Policy Center
- Marilyn Watkins, Policy Director, Economic Opportunity Institute
- Dana Laurent, Political Director of Planned Parenthood Votes Northwest
- Diane Narasaki, Executive Director of Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- David Ward, Legal and Legislative Counsel at Legal Voice
The Wing Luke Asian Museum, Community Hall
Tuesday May 8th, 6:00 – 8:00pm
Refreshments will be served.
More To Read
September 28, 2023
To understand the needs and priorities of our state’s different regions, EOI is listening to the people and communities most impacted by our policy priorities.
September 12, 2023
Except billionaires. And even they lose.
September 6, 2023
Thanks to the work of advocates, thousands of Washington workers are already getting a better deal at work