- Social Security is the largest source of income for senior women
- 29.3% of US households (27.3% in Washington) receive Social Security income
- 14% of single mothers receive Social Security income
- Women tend to out-live men.
- Life expectancy for a 65 year old woman is 20.3 years in the U.S., 20.5 years in Washington
- Life expectancy for a 65 year old man is 17.7 years in the U.S, 18.1 in Washington.
- Working women earn less than men, and have less access to workplace benefits, including retirement plans.
- Average monthly earnings for women in Washington are only 61% of men’s earnings.
- Among full-time, year-round workers, Washington women earn 78% of men’s earnings.
- Women over age 75 are at high risk of poverty or near poverty.
More To Read
June 30, 2022
Family isn't one-size-fits-all - work-family laws shouldn't be either
June 24, 2022
The fight for reproductive rights is far from over