This time of year, visions of sugarplums dance in some people’s heads — but we dream a little differently. Here are some of the news headlines we at EOI want to read in 2014:
“New legislation means paid sick days for all in Washington”
“States putting higher education back in reach with ‘Pay It Forward'”
“Small biz owners will get new options for retirement savings plans”
Think we’re overdoing it? Here are some headlines from 2013 that we didn’t make up:
- Tacoma joins campaign for Paid Sick Days
- Nick Licata: Seattle sick leave law: So healthy that others want to follow suit
- Seattle’s sick leave policy appears to be healthy for business
- No more debt!: The new plan to destroy tuition and loans
- Merkley unveils legislation making college more affordable for middle-class students
As you can see, it’s been a very productive and exciting 15th anniversary year for EOI. And we count on all types of support to keep pushing forward on public policies that truly build an economy that works for everyone.
This holiday season, please consider making a donation to show your support for our work. Every gift helps — especially this year, because a generous donor has agreed to match every donation we receive by December 31 up to $10,000!
Please help us achieve our dream headlines for 2014. And from all of us at EOI, thank you for your support!
More To Read
June 30, 2022
Family isn't one-size-fits-all - work-family laws shouldn't be either
June 24, 2022
The fight for reproductive rights is far from over