Rebuild family economic security
- Adopt Washington Voluntary Retirement Accounts, HB 1893, SB 5791
- Expand and fund family leave insurance, HB 1609, SB 5679
- Budget item: Maintain $3 million in the 2009-2011 budget for the Career and Wage Ladder
- Approve collective bargaining for child care centers – HB 1329, SB 5572
- Improve early learning and care by creating a streamlined system and maintaining supports for professional development – HB 1943
- Adopt HB 1410/SB 5444, which includes early learning for at-risk 3-4 year olds in the definition of basic education.
- Protect voluntary evidence-based home visiting programs to serve at-risk families.
- Reform components of child care subsidies to increase the efficiency of the system and the stability of children’s care – HB 1754.
Strengthen tax base to fund 21st century education system
- Broaden tax base
- Begin process leading to progressive income tax
More To Read
November 27, 2023
Apply by January 5th, 2024
November 21, 2023
This one is personal.
November 9, 2023
What can we really learn about taxes, wealth, and policy from the behavior of one person?