Rebuild family economic security
- Adopt Washington Voluntary Retirement Accounts, HB 1893, SB 5791
- Expand and fund family leave insurance, HB 1609, SB 5679
- Budget item: Maintain $3 million in the 2009-2011 budget for the Career and Wage Ladder
- Approve collective bargaining for child care centers – HB 1329, SB 5572
- Improve early learning and care by creating a streamlined system and maintaining supports for professional development – HB 1943
- Adopt HB 1410/SB 5444, which includes early learning for at-risk 3-4 year olds in the definition of basic education.
- Protect voluntary evidence-based home visiting programs to serve at-risk families.
- Reform components of child care subsidies to increase the efficiency of the system and the stability of children’s care – HB 1754.
Strengthen tax base to fund 21st century education system
- Broaden tax base
- Begin process leading to progressive income tax
More To Read
March 24, 2023
Victory! Washington Takes a Critical Step Towards Balancing our Tax Code
Washington state supreme court upholds the capital gains tax
February 15, 2023
Podcast: Getting to Lower Health Care Costs in Washington
EOI's Sam Hatzenbeler joins Washington's Indivisible Podcast to discuss our state's health care costs crisis and what the legislature can do to solve it
February 10, 2023
Thirty years of FMLA, how many more till we pass paid leave for all?
The U.S. is overdue for a federal paid leave policy