State Disability Insurance (SDI) is a partial, short-term, wage-replacement insurance plan for California workers.
SDI provides coverage for two program components:
- Disability Insurance provides partial wage replacement benefits for up to 52 weeks per claim
- Paid Family Leave provides partial wage replacement benefits for up to six weeks (within a 12-month period)
California is one of six U.S. locations with Disability Insurance or Paid Family Leave.
Key points of State Disability Insurance:
- Provides coverage for approximately 13 million California workers
- Provides partial wage replacement of approximately 55% of employee’s income
- Requires employees have qualifying wages in the base period and be in the labor market when the disability or family leave began
More To Read
May 26, 2023
Solving the Health Care Crisis from Seattle to Spokane
June 22nd Film Screenings and Panel Discussions
May 25, 2023
Join the EOI Team! Development Director Job Announcement
Open until filled | Application review begins June 20, 2023
May 5, 2023
2023 Legislative Recap Event
Join us as we review the highlights of the legislative session and discuss what's next for our priority bills.