Every weekday* we publish fresh news and commentary on economic trends and public policy highlights affecting people’s lives and communities, here in Washington and across the country. That commitment is no small chore.
In 2012, we wrote 306 original blog posts, penned 31 columns in newspapers and national blogs, and delivered 26 emails summarizing the best of the preceding two weeks’ content to thousands of subscribers across Washington and the U.S. We’re proud of our work, which is why we’re asking for your help to keep it going in 2013.
Support for Washington Policy Watch — from you, the people who value our work — is critical in order for us to keep up a steady stream of posts, columns, and newsletters. Can you chip in today to keep our blog and newsletter original, compelling, and awesome?
Did you know that just 13% of our readers support our work with a contribution? When we say every donation supports a strong and independent voice for the middle class, we really mean it!
If you value our work — if you’ve ever quoted one of our posts, used our research on the job, or brought it up with friends — please be a part of the community that makes it all possible. And to say thanks for your support, here are our top 12 posts from 2012:
- Why must our schools always be compared with Finland?
- Washington min. wage increase will help thousands, strengthen local economy
- The simple Social Security fix no one wants to talk about
- No tuition, debt-free graduation – and full funding for higher education
- Paid sick days: Absenteeism vs. presenteeism
- Does the data have a liberal bias? Tax cuts don’t lead to economic growth
- Myth 6: Europe has a lower standard of living than the United States
- The closer you get, the smaller it looks: Washington’s budget is shrinking
- Three (economy-boosting) ways to improve Social Security
- When first is worst: Washington’s taxes best-in-nation at soaking the poor
- Ayn Rand 2.0 – An Emerging American Aristocracy?
- How democracy saved capitalism
Thanks for being a loyal reader!
~Aaron, Alex and the whole team at EOI
P.S. The Economic Opportunity Institute does a whole lot more than publish blog posts and newsletters — we’re actually a think tank for the middle class. Find out more at www.eoionline.org.
*We do take holidays, you know – even bloggers have to relax once in a while. Christmas through New Year’s is one of those times, so things will be a little quieter, but only until the Washington Legislature starts working in January…
More To Read
June 30, 2022
Family isn't one-size-fits-all - work-family laws shouldn't be either
June 24, 2022
The fight for reproductive rights is far from over