Ways to Support Us
Your support powers our work- and there are so many ways to make an impact! Without you, we couldn’t do the research, analysis, and advocacy to make Washington State a more equitable place to live and work. Together, we can build an economy that works for everyone.
EOI thrives with support from equity-minded people like you! Your generosity allows us to develop research and policy solutions that lift up Washington’s most vulnerable communities. Make your tax-deductible gift today, and be a part of our community of donors!
Make a Planned Gift
Make the most of your dollars while leaving a legacy of equity and opportunity through a planned gift. Giving through your estate is flexible, impactful, and ensures that the work you care about will continue in perpetuity. Get in touch with Sam Hatzenbeler, Development Director, at email@example.com for more information about planned giving.
Become a Monthly Donor
Become an EOI Economy Builder. A growing number of our donors are choosing to maximize their impact and spread their support over time by giving monthly or quarterly. Economy Builders provide us the stable funding we need to pursue long-term project while reducing our administrative costs. You can scale your gift to fit your budget and you’ll receive special recognition at our Annual Dinner! Become an Economy Builder and sign up for your recurring gift today!
Donating stock stretches the impact of your gift by maximizing your tax savings. For more information about donating stock, contact Sam Hatzenbeler, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate through your workplace
Workplace giving or payroll deduction is an easy way to maximize your support! Some employers will even match your donation, making your gift twice as impactful. We’ve listed some common campaigns and giving opportunities below:
- Washington State public employees and University of Washington Employees: Washington State Combined Fund Drive runs each fall. To designate your gift to the Economic Opportunity Institute, you will need to include our ID: 330117.
- King County Employees: King County Employee Giving Program runs each fall. To designate your gift to the Economic Opportunity Institute, you will need our agency ID: 9098.
- City of Seattle Employees: Seattle employees may initiate workplace giving any time of year. Please send an email to email@example.com to make your gift.
- Boeing Employees: Boeing employees may initiate workplace giving any time of year. Boeing also matches gifts of financial support and volunteer hours. Please contact your human resources for more information.
- Microsoft Employees: Microsoft employees may initiate workplace giving any time of the year. Please contact your human resources office for more information to initiate matches of both financial support and volunteer hours.
- Other Private Workplace Campaigns: The Gates Foundation, Wells Fargo, Eddie Bauer, Costco Companies, REI, IBM, RealNetworks, Starbucks, and many others allow the Economic Opportunity Institute to be written onto their pledge forms. Please contact your human resources office for more information.
Join us at our Annual Dinner
As our biggest fundraiser of the year, our Annual Dinner is an uplifting and celebratory evening with our friends, supporters, and community allies. Join us for a delicious meal and engaging program on September 19, 2019. More details will be announced soon, but here are a couple of ways you can consider supporting the event:
- Be a table captain: Amplify your impact by gathering a group of 5-10 friends and colleagues to join you at our Annual Dinner. We meet so many of our new supporters and allies this way, and we would love to get to know your community. Contact Sam Hatzenbeler at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about being a Table Captain.
- Workplace sponsorship: Would your workplace be interested in sponsoring our Annual Event? You’ll receive tickets for your team as well as publicity before and during the event. For more information and to find a sponsorship level that is right for your company or organization, reach out to Sam Hatzenbeler at email@example.com.
Other Ways to Get Involved
Follow us on Social Media
Subscribe to our Newsletter
We’re constantly reading and writing, and we distill the best of the best into our bi-weekly newsletter and send it out to you! Sign up here for twice monthly newsletter.
Be an EOI Action Alert Responder
During the Legislative Session, we send out periodic Action Alerts when your voice matters the most. You’ll be asked to add your name to petitions and to send messages to your legislators, all with a few clicks! Sign up here to be an Action Alert Responder.
Book a Speaker
Do you have a group that is interested in learning more about progressive policy in Washington State? We have a team of dedicated policy staff that are experts in education, health, tax, and labor policies. Request a speaker by contacting Melanie Mazza at firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your event.
Thank you! The Economic Opportunity Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which makes all donations to us tax deductible. Your support enables our work to build an economy that works – for everyone.