Rebuild family economic security
- Adopt Washington Voluntary Retirement Accounts, HB 1893, SB 5791
- Expand and fund family leave insurance, HB 1609, SB 5679
- Budget item: Maintain $3 million in the 2009-2011 budget for the Career and Wage Ladder
- Approve collective bargaining for child care centers – HB 1329, SB 5572
- Improve early learning and care by creating a streamlined system and maintaining supports for professional development – HB 1943
- Adopt HB 1410/SB 5444, which includes early learning for at-risk 3-4 year olds in the definition of basic education.
- Protect voluntary evidence-based home visiting programs to serve at-risk families.
- Reform components of child care subsidies to increase the efficiency of the system and the stability of children’s care – HB 1754.
Strengthen tax base to fund 21st century education system
- Broaden tax base
- Begin process leading to progressive income tax
More To Read
October 22, 2018
The revocation of transgender rights feels violent because it is violent
October 17, 2018
For at least 22 years, Washington has had the highest taxes on lower-income people.
October 16, 2018
Racism and discrimination translate to lower tips for people of color