Do you want to learn more about working in public policy? Are you looking for a summer internship opportunity to build-out your professional experience in advocacy? EOI is now accepting applications for our paid summer internships.
Interns will work directly with EOI staff on policy and communications projects.
Our policy interns will work in one of two policy areas: economic security or higher education. Their work will focus on:
- Compiling and analyzing a wide range of economic and demographic data
- Drafting short reports and blog posts specific to policy areas, issues and initiatives
- Connecting with and organizing people affected by the economic issues we work on
Communications interns will work with our team to delve into communications strategy planning, public education efforts and support EOI’s policy blog. Communications work will include:
- Writing regularly for our blog and social media
- Participating in communications planning for policy coalition work
- Building capacity for media, public and supporter outreach
You can learn more and apply here. Applications will be screened on a rolling basis starting in April, with interviews and final selections in the months to follow.
More To Read
October 22, 2018
The revocation of transgender rights feels violent because it is violent
October 17, 2018
For at least 22 years, Washington has had the highest taxes on lower-income people.
October 16, 2018
Racism and discrimination translate to lower tips for people of color